Thursday, April 10, 2014

Having a Ball - NYC is what's happening!

Since our arrival to NYC over a week and a half ago we have managed to cram so much 'work related' things into our time, but it's still feels like a holiday!

The sun is shining each day now and the temperature is starting to rise, much to the relief of all here after a brutal winter!

With prep for my shows 'timetabled in' I am starting to get into a sort of routine, which is largely due to our ideal location in the Greenpoint area of Brooklyn. 

Just a short few blocks west is a beautiful park and running track. The views from this park towards Manhattan are incredible, with the Empire State peaking out to greet me from behind the large oak and sycamore trees where I like to sit. I'm trying to get to the park four times a week in the mornings. It's a great place to run and keep fit. Loads of people are there playing football, tennis, sprinting, jogging and using excerise bars. I started doing some of my Karate and Tae Kwon-Do training in a quite area which feels great, but it's becoming really an excuse to spend time in the sunshine.

This day week my Manhattan solo show opens and my reception in Greenwich, Connecticut in a forth night. I reckon the pressure in regards to getting all the various bits organised for the shows will be off after the first opening, and I'll be able for more gallery and museum visits as well as strolls in the parks and some well missed painting and perhaps a couple more pints from the local brewerys! 

Here are a few pictures of just some of the places we have visited and things we have got up to since our arrival.


Looking toward the Brooklyn Bridge.


A walk across Central Park.


Hanging out around Lincoln Center and Columbus Circle.


Mornings on the running track.


At a Bach recital at The Cathedral of St. John the Divine.


Bedroom of the studio loft (IKEA showroom :) we are renting in the Greenpoint area of Brooklyn.


 

No comments: