Thursday, June 26, 2014

Same Same but Different, a Cup of Blessings.


















A lesson on colour strategy presented in Gregg Kreutz' book prompted me to create this deeply layered study after one of his paintings. There is a huge amount of work in this piece, having started it back in late 2010 just before I left for New York to study in Gregg's class and open my second solo show there. I later returned to the work to heighten and refine certain areas with the knowledge I gleaned from spending time in Gregg's class with him and his dedicated students.

After this tribute I'll post one more image of a tonal arrangement inspired by a charcoal drawing by Gregg and then it's back to my own recent work. I have several new still life paintings I want to share with you.

Above: Cup of Blessings, after Kreutz - oil on canvas - 24"x18"
A study after a Gregg Kreutz painting with a concept on colour strategy.
Below: Detail from Cup of Blessings.


No comments: