Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Landscape Untitled

I suppose it's true, "A painting is never finished - it simply stops in interesting places"*.  I also heard an idea presented recently by Vincent Desiderio I think, a New York based artist, where he quoted some other artist who said, that when he began a painting all his painting heroes where in the room, and one by one they left as the painting progressed until it was only him - and then he left! I think I can relate.

Just today I put the finishing touches to this piece. I began creating and working on the composition sometime in early June of this year. Now I have to come up with a title for the painting. Any ideas? It's such a dreamy image - it reminds me a little of some of the mystery, nostalgia and memory presented the works of the recently deceased Andrew Wyeth. I hope you like it. - RH

* quote by Paul Gardner.

Untitled - oil on museum panel - 28"x20"




No comments: