Thursday, January 29, 2015

Where would we be without eachother?


It's hard to believe we are over one month into this visit and studio residency in Barcelona!
I feel very blessed to be able to do this - to be able to visit a special city like this for an extended period, get to know how it ticks, and have the chance to create my work all at the same time. Great friends have played a huge roll in being able to settle in so quickly, work out a space and get down to painting. For that I am truly grateful! 

Last weekend my Mum and Dad arrived for a visit. They left this morning. It was so nice to have them here to share in our experience.
Again, helped by friends, we found them a wonderful place to stay at the Navas (workshops) which my Mum said was the highlight of her visit. We spent the entire time together walking around the city visiting new sites, museums, and even had the chance to watch Barcelona FC play last night in a packed local bar, which I know will be my Dad's highlight! 

Their visit coincided with my birthday which was a huge bonus. We used it as an excuse to get everyone together. As my Mum said to me these times together are 'Treasured Memories'.





















Get-together at Navas Studios, Barcelona.




















Heading into the city together.























Spot the messers play acting on Miro's roof garden.

No comments: